Updated July 2021
We do not ship any website specimens on approval. All specimens must be paid in full before they will be shipped
There are several payment options available at the checkout stage of your order:
1) PayPal – make payment using PayPal either through funds in your PayPal account or major credit cards associated with your account.
2) Credit Card (SQUARE) – select this option if you wish to use your credit card but are not a PayPal user or don’t wish to use PayPal. Your credit card information will automatically be processed through Square.com. We accept Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover.
3) Checks or Money orders – you may send us a personal or business check or a money order. Please make checks out to ‘Kristalle’ and send to Kristalle, 875 North Pacific Coast Highway Laguna Beach, California 92651-1415. Orders will be shipped once personal/business checks have cleared.
4) Direct Bank Transfer – you may transfer the payment directly from your bank account to ours. A member of our team will contact you once the order is placed with our bank details. Please use your order number as the reference on the transfer. The order will be shipped once the funds have cleared.
5) Pick Up and Pay in Kristalle Store or at Mineral Show – If you are in the area, you can choose to come into our Laguna Beach shop and pick up your order. OR if you will be attending a Mineral Show that we will be at, you can arrange to pick up your items there. When you arrive, we will recalculate your order cost, removing the shipping costs and adding tax. If you choose this option, a Kristalle team member will contact you about a date and time for pick-up.
6) LAYAWAY – With the layaway option, a deposit is made now and then monthly payments are made until the item is paid in full. The item will be shipped once the final payment is complete. IF a payment is missed, KRISTALLE reserves the right to keep any payments made to KRISTALLE so far and relist the item for sale.
Kristalle aims to ship all items within seven (7) days of receiving payment. Specimens will be shipped from Kristalle’s gallery in Laguna Beach, California, USA. Kristalle reserves the right to change the postage rates without notice as determined by the underlying costs. We will contact you about any changes in costs.
All orders are shipped through the United States Postal Service – Priority Mail. Our shipping fees are based directly on their prices and the size, weight, fragility, and price of the specimen. *If you wish to have your specimens posted via Fedex, please contact us first to find out the additional costs.
Insurance – Almost all items have insurance included in their shipping costs.
Customs/Duty Fees – The full value is declared on the appropriate customs declaration forms. It is the customer’s responsibility to pay all associated customs or duty fees when minerals are being shipped internationally.
As there is no substitute for seeing the specimen in real life you are entitled to a 10 calendar day grace period. If you examine the specimen and decide it is not what you wish to buy please follow our Returns Procedure and we will happily refund the cost of the item. Please note that there can be no return if you do not notify us in writing within the 10 day grace period.
All items are sold on a first come – first served basis; if there is a conflict between customers on one item, the person from whom we first received the order, will receive the item. You will notice that some higher priced items are “Available”, but you must contact us to place the order. For security reasons, we may ask for further identification before we can accept your order. If an item says it is “At a Show” but you are interested in purchasing this item, please contact us and we will do our best to find the item and reserve it for you.
Please note that we also receive orders by phone, email, and in person in our shop and at shows. It sometimes takes a couple days to process and remove the item from the website.
If you missed out on a specimen, or like the look of one that is already sold, please contact us and let us know. We carry a large stock of specimens which changes regularly and may have a similar item that we could sell to you. You may also join our mailing list on our website to receive email updates when minerals of a particular category or location become available for sale. Please note that minerals may be returned to sale (for instance if an order was cancelled) so if a mineral you like is currently reserved, please look again in an hour – it may have been returned to sale!!
All customers are entitled to a 10 calendar day grace period from receipt of the purchase, for you to view the specimen(s) in real life and decide if you wish to keep the specimen(s). If you are in anyway unhappy with your purchase and wish to return the specimen, please follow the steps below:
1. Contact Kristalle immediately (and within the 10 days grace period from the receipt of your purchase) in WRITING, including via email, of your intent to return the item. You are also welcome to contact us by telephone, but we will require written confirmation to follow.
2. PLEASE NOTE THAT IF WE DO NOT RECEIVE WRITTEN NOTIFICATION OF YOUR INTENTION TO RETURN THE SPECIMEN WITHIN THE 10 DAY GRACE PERIOD, WE WILL BE UNABLE TO ACCEPT THE RETURN.
3. Return the specimen to us in its original condition following the instructions below. The specimen must arrive at Kristalle within 7 calendar days of notifying us of its return. This means you must post the item to us immediately upon notification of return. International customers may have a longer period allowed for postage depending on their location. This will be decided upon the notification of intent to return.
4. Carefully wrap the specimen(s) individually using the original packing material, and include any labels or documentation. There should be at least 2cm of padding around each item, and each item should be placed in its original specimen box.
5. Place the specimen boxes (with wrapped specimens enclosed) in the postage box, or a new box if the original box was in any way damaged during transit, with at least 4cm of padding between the specimen boxes and the sides of the postage box. Bubblewrap or scrunched newspaper are the best to use as padding. There should be no possible movement within the box once packed.
6. Please insure the package for the full value of the specimen(s) being returned; as you are responsible for the full value of the items should they be lost or damaged during return transit.
7. PLEASE PRINT ON THE CUSTOMS DECLARATION FORM THAT YOU ARE RETURNING THE SPECIMEN TO ITS ORIGINAL OWNER, in order for us to avoid unnecessary delays in receiving the return specimen, and customs fees.
8. Post the box to:
875 North Pacific Coast Highway
9. The Customer is responsible for all postage costs related to the return of a specimen to Kristalle.
All monies paid for the specimens, including the initial cost of postage and packaging will be refunded within 30 days of the notice of cancellation upon receipt of the returned specimen on time, and in good condition.
If you received your specimen and it was damaged in transit please contact us immediately via phone, fax or email. We will then be able to come to an arrangement with you for either:
* the return of the item and a full refund;
* return of the item and a similar item to be sent to you as a replacement;
* or a discount on the damaged item if you wish to keep it.
**Please note that we will need to see the evidence of the damage including to the specimen and packaging, preferably by digital photograph**
If you are returning the item please return all pieces of damaged or broken specimen with any labels and documentation, and the original packaging follow the steps in the Returns Policy. Please remember to insure the item to the full cost of the specimen(s) and post to the return address.
Please note that some minerals may be toxic and/or contain heavy metals, and so all minerals should be handled carefully. Never inhale or ingest mineral dust, or lick specimens. Always wash your hands after handling minerals.
Whilst we endeavour to photograph the mineral specimens as accurately as possible, please be aware that they are NOT to scale and are only REPRESENTATIVE of the mineral. We try to keep the photographs as true to life with accurate color, and we never photoshop the color of a photograph. Please remember that the photograph color of the specimen may not appear the same in different lighting or on your computer screen as in real life.
These Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of the USA and any user of this Website hereby agrees to be bound exclusively by the jurisdiction of USA courts without reference to rules governing choice of laws. If any of these Terms and Conditions are found to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable by a Court, the remainder of the Terms and Conditions will not be affected and will remain valid to the full extent allowed by the law. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Children are not eligible to use our online shop and we ask that minors (under the age of 18) do not submit any personal information to us or use the online shop.
This Website contains hyperlinks to websites operated by other parties. Kristalle is not responsible for the site contents, the privacy policies or terms and conditions of those websites, and does not necessarily share or endorse the opinions expressed or the information contained in such websites.
By using this Website you agree to respect the intellectual property rights of Kristalle, and agree to refrain from copying, downloading, transmitting, reproducing, printing, or exploiting for commercial purpose any material including photographs contained within the Website, or link to this Website without our written permission.
‘Kristalle’ and the Kristalle logo are the intellectual property of Kristalle. The copyright in this Website rests with us. All photographs on this site belong to Kristalle and may not be reproduced for any use without express permission.
If there is anything you do not understand or would like clarification on for the above terms and conditions, or would like to ask any other questions please do not hesitate to contact us by clicking here.
Kristalle may collect Personal Information about you. This may include your name, home address, telephone number, email address, and information about your preferences and online purchasing of minerals from our Website.
We may collect this data:
* directly from you – via the registration forms, mailing lists and email;
* from third parties such as credit reference agencies for the purpose of trading with you.
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small text file which is saved to your hard drive, and it can store and sometimes track information on how you make use of a website. Most browsers can be programmed to reject, or warn you before downloading cookies; information regarding this may be found in your browser’s ‘help’ facility.
What is your IP Address? It is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website.
Please note that the websites to which this site may be linked may make use of their own cookies to collect information from you.
The Personal Information and data we collect will be used:
* to process your order and provide after sales service, and to deal with enquiries from you;
* to continuously improve our website and service based on the requirements and preferences of yourself and our other users, and to analyse the most frequently accessed pages and the usage of the Website;
* to provide you with information about us, our mineral specimens, and upcoming events that we believe may be of interest to you. Please note we will only do this with your consent, which is given by choosing to join our mailing list, or opting in on the registration form.
* You may unsubscribe or opt out from our mailing list at any time.
Any Personal Information we collect from this Website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws.
We may disclose the information we collect to third parties in order for us to carry out certain activities, such as shipping and postage, handling payments, monitoring how customers use the Website and issuing our emails for us. Third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes. Please consult the privacy policies of these parties. We may also disclose your Personal Information to others where we are required to do so by law; to prevent and/or detect crime; and for credit reference purposes. We will never disclose your Personal Information to others for purposes such as marketing and mailing lists.
We will take all reasonable care in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given to us; however we are unable to provide any guarantee that information stored by us will not be subject to unauthorised access. If you register with us an Account will created for you with a password. You are responsible for any use of your password or your Login Account.
Each time you purchase a specimen (and log in) you will be ask to confirm that your personal details are correct and current, and edit as necessary. At all other times, please contact us if your Personal Information is or becomes inaccurate or out of date. We are happy to provide you with the details of the Personal Information that we hold about you. We will require proof of identity from you prior to disclosing such information.