KRISTALLE is a buyer of fine mineral and gold specimens. We are interested in buying entire mineral collections or individual specimens. Antiquarian books and instruments are also of interest.
Please read the following VERY carefully…
this will give you some guidelines to follow before contacting us.
Please look through our website first to see the quality of minerals we sell. We are interested only in well-crystallized minerals – NOT rocks
What is a Mineral??
A mineral is a naturally occurring, inorganic solid with a definite chemical composition and a crystalline structure formed by geological processes. A rock is an aggregate of one or more minerals whereas a rock may also include organic remains and mineraloids. Some rocks are predominantly composed of just one mineral.
These are ROCKS
These are crystallized minerals
We prefer that you send photos with your inquiry about selling your collection. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a couple photos of what you consider your BEST items. Please give sizes of specimens, locality, asking price, and any provenance.
We are NOT interested in rocks, polished pieces, carvings and the like – we ONLY buy well crystallized specimens for collectors and museums.
Please be aware that we receive HUNDREDS of emails throughout the year from people wanting to sell their items, but we only buy about 1% of what is shown to us.
After looking at the photographs, if it is something we are interested in we may want to visit you and see your collection in person to offer a more accurate appraisal. We have the ability to market at both the retail and wholesale levels and we are one of the few companies that are able to pay cash upfront for the right specimens. We offer the utmost privacy in our dealings- we have purchased numerous collections for which privacy was a concern and we have never revealed those names.
Kristalle has been involved in the purchase and dispersal of most of major mineral collections to come on the market, from small private collections to large museum collections. We have purchased close to 350 collections in our 45 year history, handling some of the world’s finest mineral treasures. The following is a listing of only a small portion of recently handled collections (some partnered purchases with Collectors Edge and Crystal Classics).
- The Willard Wulff Collection (CO, USA)
- The Gold collection of Richard Hauck (USA)
- The Gold collection of Don Dickey (USA)
- The William and Elizabeth Moller Collection (USA)
- The Tana Daugharthy Collection (USA)
- The Worldwide Collection of Roberta McCarty (USA)
- The Ernest Lever Collection (USA)
- The Harald Tietz Tsumeb Collection (Namibia)
- The Wolfgang Wendel Lavrion Collection (Germany)
- The Ben de Wit Collection (Canada and Jersey, Channel Islands)
- Specimens from the collection of Gerhard Grude (Germany)
- Helmut Heuser Collection (Germany)
- The Dr Warren Johansson Collection (USA)
- The Frank Wright Collection (USA)
- The Peter Edwards Collection (England)
- Specimens from the collection of Keith Hammond (England)
- The Charlie Freed Collection (USA)
- The Daniel Manolescu Collection (USA)
- Specimens from the Dr. Gil Hyde collection (USA)
- The Dr. Gerald Clark collection (USA)
- Specimens from the collection of Gérard Albessart (France)
- Karlheinz Grosch Tsumeb Collection (Germany)
- The Warren Taylor Collection (England)
- The Reg Taylor Collection (Queensland, Australia)
- The collection of Jean Pierre Cand (CA, USA)
- The William Weisse Collection (CA, USA)
- The Collection of Paul Busch (USA)
- The Eileen Kokinos Cerussite Collection (USA)
- Worldwide collection from William and Roberta McCarthy Collection (AZ, USA)
- The Cornish mineral collection of Ian Acworth (MA, USA)
- The Academy of Natural Sciences, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – over 20,000 specimens (PA, USA)
- The Martin Zinn III Collection (USA)
- The Norman and Roslyn Pellman Collection (AZ, USA)
- The Dr Stephen Neely collection (USA)
- The Dr Winfried Boehmer collection (Germany)
- Thelate E. O. Stratton who mined in the Tucson area in the early 1900s (AZ, USA)
- The Forrest Cureton collection (USA)
- The Valentin Sicker collection (Switzerland)
- The Tom Weisner collection (USA)
- The Kimball Goddard Lead mineral collection (NV, USA)
- Specimens from the collection of Wolfgang Henkel (Germany)
- The Phil Scalisi Collection (MA, USA)
- The Marianne Shale miniatures collection (CA, USA)
- Inventory and personal collection of Gerald Clark (CA, USA)
- The Dirk Rheinlander collection (Germany) – including superb miniatures
- The Charles Hansen collection (CA, USA)
- The mineral collection of Eduard Gubelin, a well known gemologist (USA)
- The Wendula Lassere collection (Geneva, Switzerland)
- The Brian Lloyd collection (London, England)
- The Gerhard Mienel Collection (Saxony, Germany)
- The Kirby Siber Collection (Aathal, Switzerland)
- The John Marshall collection (USA)
- The Bernard Charlier collection (France)
- The collection of Gerard Lesage (Chamonix, France)
- The Simon Harrison Collection (Bath, England)
- The Ulrich Buchard Collection (Munich, Germany)
- The Ken Hollmann Collection (USA)
- The Richard Hauck collection (NJ, USA)
- The Ulrich Bahmann Tsumeb Collection (South Africa)
- The Rolf Wein Collection (Germany)
and many many more!!!
Wayne Leicht has more than 45 years experience in the appraisal of mineral specimens. Discretion and integrity form the backbone of our company and we would be delighted to work with you to sell your minerals.